Supervisory and technical work in a Wide Web Flexographic operation.
Work involves responsibility for supervising and assisting direct reports engaged in the safe production of printed materials while adhering to tight process standards and meeting deadlines.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and processes
- Complies with established safety procedures and policies to maintain a safe working environment
- Participates in the overall safety program utilizing the STOP safety program and interaction in safety meetings
- Ensures adherence of safety policies
- Plan and supervise the work of Print Technicians, Print Assistants, and support staff
- Ensures specs are read and followed for each job
- Ensures procedures are followed and executed
- Oversees the setup, adjustments, maintenance and operation of the flexographic presses
- Engages with plant leadership to execute planning of daily schedule providing feedback with manning and machine issues
- Inspects WIP and finished materials to see that quality and quantity standards in compliance.
- Resolves technical EG problems in absence of color staff / process owner
- Completes maintenance requests
- Monitors supply inventories and request adjustments to orders as needed.
- Sees that records of production, and time worked are maintained and appropriate records submitted
- Works under minimum supervision
- Over sees the set-up of installing anilox rolls, plates, inks, and dies into the proper stations, and make necessary adjustments for optimal print quality
- Communicates to management of needed repairs or replacement parts
- Ensures that all equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition. Reinforce press ownership with the Print Technicians.
- Support new employee training programs through involvement
- Understands all documents and specifications pertaining to the printing process
- Keeps area clean and orderly
- Supports, understands, and adheres to Accredo principles and rules by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- College or Vocational Schoolpreferred but not required
- 7+ yrs. experience in Wide Web Flexographic printing preferably in flexible packaging (film printing)
- 5+ yrs. in a supervisory role with a demonstrated history of positive impact
- Some project management experience helpful
- Experience with solvent based ink systems and chemical additives
- Experience with expanded gamut preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with payroll software applications
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and corrective action
- Knowledge of expanded gamut printing preferred
- Ability to lead and direct 18+ people on a shift
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time