Locally owned Label Printing Company located in the Pinemont/290 area is seeking a Flexo Press Operator with potential for growth. Hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30am – 3pm or 7:30am – 4pm, but can vary slightly. You will receive paid holidays + personal days after 90 days of Full-Time employment. You MUST be able to pass a background check and drug screen. Will need to be willing to work occasional overtime, and have reliable transportation. Previous experience required.
- Efficient set up and operation of a flexographic press while printing labels to specifications
- Ensure quality is maintained in a consistent manner
- Perform line clearances/end of roll inspection during production runs
- Perform routine maintenance of the press and tools as required
- Set up and operate press for production runs adjusting speed and alignment of stock, as necessary.
- Read job order and load dies, print cylinders and other tools as needed in press.
- Troubleshoot and repair press when required and within reason
- Work directly with management on product quality and process improvement challenges
- This position requires exceptional quality and will always be held accountable to company and industry standards
- Fill ink pans and pumps with inks per call outs on job order or proofs.
- Engage print cylinders, adjust printing impression as necessary
- Obtain representative and accurate approvals from printed rolls by management, inspect product for imperfections such as print to print out of register, print to die out of register, missing impression, ink starvation or color adjustments and adjust as necessary
- Clean plates, print cylinders, tooling and press area as needed. Perform daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance as required.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations w/in the warehouse.
- Complete all other duties and tasks as requested by management.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Prefer 1+ year of experience.
- Prior manufacturing experience is required.
- Able to lift 10-15 lbs. continuously and lift up to 50+/- lbs. occasionally
- Use hands/wrists/shoulders continuously in controlled movement
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Physically able to bend, lift and move around and stand for entirety of shift.
- Read a ruler accurately down to 1/8” at minimum but prefer down to 1/32”
- Comfortable with a detailed process and working at a very fast pace
- MUST pass drug and background check
Prefer 1+ year experience
High School or Equivalent preferred