The Press Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a press while adhering to customer specification, quality requirements, company standards, guidelines and safety standards. This position is responsible for the overall completion of the job assigned to the press. 1st (6:05am to 4:30pm) Shift and 2nd (5:00pm to 3:30am) Shifts available Monday through Thursday. Mandatory overtime on Friday's.
- Inspection of printed material to ensure the correctness in all area of color, registration, stock, and all other customer specifications.
- Adjusting and maintaining registration, color, perforations, and other customer specific printing specifications.
- Observes the press operations to detect any machine or equipment malfunctions and moves to correct the issues.
- Makes adjustments to all press machine parts and equipment: feeders, grippers, guides, feed wheels, cameras, and other machines parts, using proper equipment.
- Conducts a visual inspection prior to printing of all material stock and ink for defects or noncompliance to job specifications.
- Carries out the final inspection to ensure the material, ink, plates or screens, cylinder/rollers, tension, and all other necessary customer specifications are correct prior to the start of the running the job.
- Review and interpret job specifications and work order instructions, delegates or carries out directions as needed.
- Ensures all job related data (time and material) are entered into the ERP system (DISO).
- Ensures all unused material goes back to the designated area after each jobs is finished running.
- Ensure complete and proper line clearance has been conducted. Maintain the daily activity production log and all other required documentation for the press and work orders.
- Performs the general maintenance of the press or minor repairs.
High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)