Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Press Operator Summary:
The Press Operator is responsible for supporting the goals of the plant in the efficient operation of the printing machines, printing labels to specification and assuring that quality is being maintained in a consistent manner.
This is a technical and skilled position. This skilled position requires someone who is mechanically inclined who has previous offset press experience. This person should have solid printing-environment experience, strong math skills, good attendance, and a desire to grow their career with us.
- Producing complex high value add wine and sprit labels with multiple embellishments
- Assemble Job as per requirements (Job Record, Job Docket)
- Check all components for the next job
- Check with 2nd operator to ensure they checked off all components of the job preparation list
- Make ready & run stock allocated to achieve specific quoted standards
- Monitor job and 2nd operator while running
- Ensure quality & quantity of job has been met and liaises with Re-roll department
- Ensure the press area is maintained and up to 5S standards
- Report any maintenance requirements to Team Leader and Maintenance
- Coordinate and assist in wash-ups
- Responsible for helping in training of 2nd Operators
- Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinate duties between the 1st Operator & 2nd Operator
- Produce a job record immediately after the customer has signed off, not at the end of the job
- Fill out production sheet, press diary, production sheet, random. Strip outs on sheet with proper web #, roll #, and initials
- Any alterations to the planning for next run to be discussed with Team Leader and Production Manager
- Responsible for meeting standards in time and material (conversion rates)
- Achieve the highest print quality with minimal waste
- Responsible for time and material entries in MIS system (Radius SFDC)
- Logging in into Make Ready, Good Run & Non-Charge Codes
- Responsible for setting up, utilizing, and maintaining 100% label inspection system (AVT)
- High school education or equivalent required
- 3 or more years of experience as an Offset Press Operator in the wine and spirit label printing is required. Must have prior flexography experience.
- Must be willing to work any shift with a shift change every quarter.
- Ability to run press and assist press set-up, run, and clean-up
- Ability to work with UV ink, solvents, and various print-shop chemicals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form); seen as a team player
- Ability to read and understand a job docket
- Ability to input data in the computer
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow instructions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 12 hours/day)
- Must be able to relate to, work with, and influence as needed, people at all levels of the organization
- Assertive and solution-focused
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, team player
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
- Wear hearing, foot, eye and/or other personal protective equipment while in a manufacturing setting
- Continually stand for prolonged periods; frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, climb and balance; moderate to frequent walking
- Routinely use hands and fingers to handle, feel, grasp, and manipulate items; use hands and arms to reach for items in and around the press area; occasionally stoop or kneel while reaching
- Frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds
- Regularly push or pull objects up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities include – close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish color variations, and ability to adjust focus
- Medium to loud noise environment
- Work flexible/varying schedules and hours as needed
- Work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled..