The Press Operator III role is responsible for the set up and operation of single and multi-color printing presses in accordance with the printing specifications and customer requirements/expectations.
Multi–Color Corporation Knoxville is looking for a Night Shift Press Operator!
What we offer:
We focus on offering diverse and challenging careers with a strong focus on growing our talent through on the-job training, external learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more. This allows MCC to gain a competitive advantage and allows our employees to move up within the organization; the ultimate win-win.
We reward our employees with:
- $1.00 Shift differentials for our night shift employees
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Paid vacation + holidays
- 401(k) with match
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Long term disability insurance coverage
- Frequent fun extras like free ice cream Friday, lunch and learns, catered lunches and special events
Shift: 7PM-7:30AM+ overtime as required per business needs.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and run presses assigned for Press Operator III level.
- Work indirectly with Quality personnel on a daily basis for quality standards and sign-off.
- Work directly with their TRP/Supervisor to understand and support the goals, plans, and policies of the organization.
- Understand from TRP/Supervisor what steps to go through for verification before a job is taken down.
- Work with TRP/Supervisor to minimize and avoid future backorders, reruns, and flag sheet occurrences.
- Work overtime as requested by management.
- Perform the mandatory daily stretching to contribute to a healthier, safe work environment.
- Keep your press area clean and safe by abiding within the established company cleanliness requirements, AIB, and safety policies and procedures.
- Properly fill out and complete all required paperwork for the job.
- Responsible for verification of job material requirements, copy and color requirements, press diagram sheet and anilox requirements.
- Responsible for following current and any new procedures.
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions for each order, reporting any discrepancies to your TRP/Supervisor for correction.
- Report any necessary maintenance required on the press or auxiliary equipment to your TRP/Supervisor and fill out the required work order.
- Follow and perform all established procedures for quality of product, planning and trouble-shooting each order, requesting help from TRPs/Supervisors as necessary.
- Follow and perform all established procedures for specialized accounts.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance.
- Request direction or additional training as needed.
- Work together as a team to improve and streamline the process with each department.
- May be required to view labels with assistance of strobe light (Warning: Strobe lights may trigger epileptic seizures in persons with photosensitive epilepsy).
- Forward any suggestions or concerns to TRP/Supervisor and work with him/her to improve your ability to run equipment proficiently, reduce waste, increase productivity, reduce set-up times, and/or any additional enhancements to help increase profit and through-put .
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for internal/external customers through data collection, standardized procedures and teamwork.
- Required to work 12 hour shifts; required to work weekends as scheduled on a regular or as-needed basis.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), Technical degree in printing preferred. Requires a minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in press operation in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs in English. Must be able to present information to team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
- Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Basic leadership skills required to give support associates simple directions.
- Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success.
- Capable of devising multiple alternative solutions based on limited assumptions and information.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
· Wear hearing, foot, eye and/or other personal protective equipment while in a manufacturing setting
· Continually stand for prolonged periods; frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, climb and balance; moderate to frequent walking
· Routinely use hands and fingers to handle, feel, grasp, and manipulate items; use hands and arms to reach for items in and around the press area; occasionally stoop or kneel while reaching
· Frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds
· Regularly push or pull objects up to 40 pounds
· Specific vision abilities include – close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish color variations, and ability to adjust focus
· Medium to loud noise environment
· Work flexible/varying schedules and hours as needed
· Work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), Technical degree in printing preferred