- Reads job order and loads dies into press, installs print cylinder on shaft and installs print cylinder in press.
- Fills ink pans, screens and pumps with prescribed inks.
- Starts press, adjusting speed and alignment of stock to the print cylinder as necessary.
- Engages print cylinders; adjusts printing impression as necessary, places print cylinders lead-to-lead and runs down approval strip.
- Cuts sample of approval strip from printed roll, inspects for imperfections such as print to print out of register, print to die out of register, missing impression, ink starvation or color adjustments, making adjustments as necessary.
- Cleans plates, print cylinders and dies as needed, performs daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as required.
- Mixes inks to produce and maintain desired colors and viscosity.
- Keeps work areas clear and organized; maintains housekeeping standards
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one year of flexographic printing press experience preferred
- Ability to calculate figures, proportions and volume with high attention to detail
- Ability to accurately interpret scales and measurement devises
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $21.00 /hour based on experience
High School degree or equivalent.