Req # 39
Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Join us today!
Press Operator Summary:
The Press Operator is responsible for supporting the goals of the plant in the efficient operation of the printing machines, printing labels to specification and assuring that quality is being maintained in a consistent manner.
This is a technical and skilled position. This skilled position requires someone who is mechanically inclined who has previous offset press experience. This person should have solid printing-environment experience, strong math skills, good attendance, and a desire to grow their career with us.
- Producing complex high value add wine and sprit labels with multiple embellishments
- Assemble Job as per requirements (Job Record, Job Docket)
- Check all components for the next job
- Check with 2nd operator to ensure they checked off all components of the job preparation list
- Make ready & run stock allocated to achieve specific quoted standards
- Monitor job and 2nd operator while running
- Ensure quality & quantity of job has been met and liaises with Re-roll department
- Ensure the press area is maintained and up to 5S standards
- Report any maintenance requirements to Team Leader and Maintenance
- Coordinate and assist in wash-ups
- Responsible for helping in training of 2nd Operators
- Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinate duties between the 1st Operator & 2nd Operator
- Produce a job record immediately after the customer has signed off, not at the end of the job
- Fill out production sheet, press diary, production sheet, random. Strip outs on sheet with proper web #, roll #, and initials
- Any alterations to the planning for next run to be discussed with Team Leader and Production Manager
- Responsible for meeting standards in time and material (conversion rates)
- Achieve the highest print quality with minimal waste
- Responsible for time and material entries in MIS system (Radius SFDC)
- Logging in into Make Ready, Good Run & Non-Charge Codes
- Responsible for setting up, utilizing, and maintaining 100% label inspection system (AVT)
- High school education or equivalent required
- Knowledge of printing processes and previous experience as an offset Press Operator
- Ability to run press and assist press set-up, run, and clean-up
- Ability to work with UV ink, solvents, and various print-shop chemicals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form); seen as a team player
- Ability to read and understand a job docket
- Ability to input data in the computer
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow instructions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 12 hours/day)
- Must be able to relate to, work with, and influence as needed, people at all levels of the organization
- Assertive and solution-focused
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, team player
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Pay type: Hourly
High school education or equivalent required