Directs and coordinates activities of printing or converting departments in processing materials and manufacturing products, applying knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment in order to meet the quality and delivery expectations of the customer.
- Reviews production schedule to ascertain product data in order to plan shift operations.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities to insure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Inspects production processes and methods to insure proper handling of products and equipment.
- Assigns workers to specific duties based on knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment.
- Arranges for the maintenance of equipment when needed.
- Responsible for product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and quality systems.
- Leads and trains shift personnel
- Oversees safety and welfare of employees.
- Ensures that productivity and quality standards of the finished product are met.
- Controls waste and efficiency.
- Practices good housekeeping and preventive maintenance.
- Implements companies procedures in order to meet quality objectives.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Leadership Skills, setting the standard of performance and professionalism at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of press and ink room operations.
- Plate mounting skills.
- Ability too set-up and fine tune presses.
- A working knowledge of our specification system.
Climate Controlled Facility
5+ years in Flexo industry- PCMC; W&H preferred
Supervision experienced in manufacturing
Microsoft Office Skills