The Press Operator functions under the direct supervision of the Floor Supervisor. This position is responsible for the operation of a central impression press to meet production schedules, maintain compliance with the company and customer quality standards, and adhere to policies in the Press Department. A press operator is familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures within the printing industry and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of resourcefulness and latitude is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quality, quantity, housekeeping, and his/her own personal safety.
- Assuring that quality checks, tests and procedures are carried out and followed.
- Able to set-up, adjust and run a specified press by manufacturing order.
- Perform minor maintenance to presses.
- Able to perform all adjustments on the press.
- Keep machine & surrounding area in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Maintain production waste standard.
- Communicate all required information to your relief associate.
- Hold any items produced that fail to meet quality standards.
- Follow instructions for other duties assigned by supervisors, coordinators, and lead persons.
- Insure that all AIB housekeeping and cleanliness standards are being maintained.
- Problem Solving: Be pro-active in recognizing/defining and resolving problems.
- Communication: Utilize effective communication methods through training sessions.
Climate Controlled Facility
5+ Years on wide web flexo presses - PCMC; W&H preferred