- Setup, adjust, maintain & operate Mark Andy flexographic printing presses.
- Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to
specifications, and external defects.
- Reposition printing plates, adjust pressure rolls, or otherwise adjust machines to improve print
quality, using knobs, hand wheels, or hand tools.
- Set and adjust speed, temperature, ink flow, and positions and pressure tolerances of
- Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times,
stock specifications, colors, and color sequences.
- Select and install printing plates, rollers, feed guides, gauges, screens, stencils, type, dies, and
cylinders in machines according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Monitor feeding, printing, and racking processes of presses to maintain specified operating
levels and to detect malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
- Load, position, and adjust unprinted materials on holding fixtures or in equipment loading and
- Pour or spread paint, ink, color compounds, and other materials into reservoirs, troughs,
hoppers, or color holders of printing units, making measurements and adjustments to control
color and viscosity.
- Blend and test paint, inks, stains, and solvents according to types of material being printed and
work order specifications.
- Clean and lubricate printing machines and components, using oil, solvents, brushes, rags, and
- Measure screens and use measurements to center and align screens in proper positions and
sequences on machines, using gauges and hand tools.
- Monitor and control operation of auxiliary equipment to assemble and finish products.
- Pack and label cartons, boxes, or bins of finished products.
- Ability to coach others and work with minimal supervision
High School Graduate or equivalent