Seeking self-motivated, energetic, Press Set Up – Operator Trainee. This position will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, mount plates, mix ink and pull paper and bring to assigned machines in a timely fashion. Responsible for coordinating work activities within the assigned production line and ensures all materials are readily available. Assuring that the work of members meets quality and production requirements. Responsible for making sure production activities follow required procedures and methods and that required support is available to address any production stoppage. Actively participates in the work of the group.
- Basic computer skills
- Plate Mounting for Presses
- Pulling Allocated Stock for Presses.
- Returning unused stock to proper place in warehouse
- Pull/Mix specified ink for each job and return when job is complete
- Empty Trash receptacles in production area
- Keep Production Area clean and organized
- Assist team lead to manage team and workflow
- Follow established rules and regulations and report questionable conditions to supervisor.
- Assist the shop technicians, clerks, and material handlers as necessary
- Train to fill in for shipping department
- Learn to run presses beginning with basic set up and clean up and eventually learning how to watch a press and keep it running while operator is away
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Maintain a safe and clean work space as well as housekeeping and sanitation
• Willing to train
• Previous experience in flexo a plus
• High School Diploma or Equivalent