POSITION SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITES: This position is a combine admin and manufacturing position whose role is to ensure that customer-supplied artwork for labels/film packaging is translated correctly into proofs and print ready files for our flexographic and digital presses.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The essential duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Pre-flight digital files to ensure that format, appearance, and layout of text and images are set correctly before moving to production.
- Creates accurate proofs and print-ready files based on design specifications within the production timelines.
- Analyze original files or samples to evaluate and modify color density, gradation highlights, middle tones, and shadows, using densitometers and knowledge of light and color to match customer requirements.
- Performs color-separation, retouching or updating customer supplied files, and proofing files to ensure proper format, appearance, layout, and text is set prior to label production.
- Operate proofing and plate making equipment.
- Read and interpret documents such as: press layouts, work instructions, maintenance instructions.
- Set up files for best efficiency throughout production.
- Meet quality standards with minimal errors.